Friday, October 15, 2010

The Swamp Donkeys

"It's fightin back those butterflies

It's call it in the air, alright yes sir we want the ball

And it's knocking heads and talking trash

It's slingin mud and dirt and grass

It's I got your number, I got your back, when your backs against the wall

You mess with one man, you got us all

The boys (and girls) of fall."


Flag Football. Need I say more? For some girls this would be a waste of time or a dumb passion but not for this girl! I absolutely LOVE flag football. I love putting on those flags, warmin up your hands to catch a pass or intercept, getting just a little bit nervous which is totally pathetic, catching the ball when you thought it was completely out of reach, deflecting the incoming pass, and of course giving the good ole "Swamp Donkey's" cheer. (I had nothing to do with the team name) I am playing on a intermural team with my brother and all his friends. So I guess I'm considered the little sister of the group.. They all watch over me and cheer me on, it's pretty cute. Plus Nick is the sweetest brother, he never acts like "oh great my little sister..." It's been so fun to get closer and have things in common. Plus not to mention we rock! We have a pretty good team so that makes it fun for those competitive souls such as mine. I'm sure I'll be posting again when we sweep the whole league in the championships ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment